For most of us, a vacation at an exotic paradise is a dream, one which may occur for a maximum of two weeks a year in our lives. Unfortunately, we have to return to the daily struggles including work, raising children, traffic, commutes, smog, pollution and crowds to continue earning for the rest of the year. What if we didn’t have to return to our miserable existence, but live in paradise all year long?
To retire in Thailand, all you have to do is get a “Thai Retirement Visa”, pack up your belongings and get a place to stay there. With amazing destinations such as Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Samui, Krabi, etc. you will have no problem finding the perfect site where you will spend the rest of your life. The requirements for a Thai Retirement visa are simple:
1. You must be 50 years of age or over
2. Apply to the local Thai Embassy for the retirement visa in their specified application form
3. Take copies of passport and passport photos as needed.
4. Take proof of your citizenship
5. Show your financial ability to settle in Thailand
6. You will need to agree to a criminal check
7. Also required is a health certificate proof that you have no AIDS, TB, etc.
8. The application fee
9. Any other requirements on the application form.
When you are in Thailand as a retiree, you will be required to visit the local Thai Immigration office to re-confirm all the information so that they will know where you are living at any certain time of the year. This takes very little time and you will get used to the routine soon enough. Always remember that you are a guest in Thailand. The people are friendly and will treat you like family members and you have to extend the same courtesy to them. However, always obey the laws and be careful not to do anything that will be disgraceful to your motherland.
Welcome to Thailand! Hope you will have a healthy, happy retirement in this paradise on Earth!